- Acceptance Letter UUA
- Articles of Incorporation
- Communication Policy
- Disruptive Behavior
- Finance Policy
- Membership Policy
- Mission Statement
- Pet Policy | Form
- Reimbursement Policy
- Sunday Services
- Vision Statement
Our Vision and Our Mission
A vision statement is what the organization wants to become. In July of 1999, the organizers who led us to becoming a member congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Association, created a vision statement to guide us.
Some years later, we realized that we needed a Mission Statement, as well. A mission statement concerns what an organization is all about. It was adopted at the Annual Congregational Meeting of Mountain Light Unitarian Universalist Church on 2009 May 24.
The Vision of Mountain Light
Unitarian Universalist Church
- We, the congregation of Mountain Light Unitarian Universalist Church, envision a church:
- Whose membership accepts and includes people from diverse backgrounds, welcoming all faiths, genders, sexual orientations, income levels, occupations, ethnicities, and ages.
- Which promotes the growth and development of children, youth, and adults by providing a variety of religious education and fellowship opportunities and individual, small group, and all-church participation in and support of social action and environmental activities that promote our UU principles.
- Which provides Sunday services that offer a combination of spiritual, intellectual, and educational programming, incorporating moments of silence, reflection, and feeling; music; and stimulating speakers on a diversity of topics in an array of presentations.
- Where it is good to be with like-minded folks in a community of supporters and seekers whose values are expressed in a dogma-free religion.
The mission of Mountain Light Unitarian Universalist Church is to be an accepting community of diverse people, who, with open hearts and minds, nurture one another in spiritual and intellectual growth expressing personal values through service to all people and our planet.