Mountain Light UUC allows various community groups to use our space. These functions are not congregational activities; therefore, attendance is controlled by the groups themselves and may or may not be open to the public.
The Spiritual Arts Center
EvenSong and Healing Service
Hosted by Paul Campbell
This group is open to the public and meets Sundays at 5 PM (check calendar for exceptions).
EvenSong is a Sung Prayer Service similar in order to Evening Prayer or Vespers with a Baroque Ensemble of flutes and oboe, a choir of many voices, and soloists/cantors from the Atlanta Opera Chorus. We believe that Spiritual music should be always of the highest quality, rehearsed and practiced, so there are no obstacles in God working through us. Come Sing, Pray, and Meditate with us.
- AUG 19 @ 4PM Choir Rehearsal | @ 5PM Chant & Meditation
- AUG 26 @ 4PM Choir Rehearsal | @ 5PM Chant & Meditation
- SEP 02 @ 4PM Choir Rehearsal
- SEP 09 @ 3:45PM Choir Warm-up | @5PM EvenSong & Healing Service
- OCT 14 @ 3:45PM Choir Warm-up | @5PM EvenSong & Healing Service
- NOV 11 @ 3:45PM Choir Warm-up | @5PM EvenSong & Healing Service
This private function is managed by the organizers. It meets most Wednesdays from 5:30 to 7:30 PM from JUN 20 through SEP 26. We are happy to host this important family group.
This private function is managed by the organizers. It meets most Thursdays from 4:30 to 6:30 PM beginning AUG 16.
Veteran Mentor Training
Private function: Saturday, 20 October, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, to conduct a training session for mentors to veterans who participate in the Veterans Treatment Court program in the Appalachian Judicial Circuit.