Events and Activities
The meditation meets on the 1st and 4th Sunday of each month. Meetings will follow the Sunday service but allow a little time for socializing and for non-participants to begin clearing out before beginning. The meeting will be held in the Entertainment Lounge and will include an audio program, Practicing Mindfulness: An Introduction to Meditation, and the meditation. The length of meetings is expected to be under an hour.
Every 3rd Sunday, Mountain Light UUC members and friends have a potluck meal after the weekly service. Please feel free to bring something to share or just come be our guest.
The 5th Sunday potluck has been suspended for the time being; however, we sometimes have meals on special occasions. Be sure to check the calendar and newsletter.
Laura and Ron Sturgis are avid readers and co-host a book club, which has transmuted into a dining/discussion forum. They meet once a month at a different location to discuss the chosen book. Ordering food is not required when meeting in a restaurant, and you are welcome to bring your young ones. (The youngest Sturgis will be there with his tablet.) If you would like to participate, then join the associated Facebook group (click here).
- 2019 FEB 17, 2 PM @ author’s home in Ellijay – Higher Than Yonder Mountain by Deany Brady. Due to the size of Deany’s cabin and the large number of participants already confirmed, no additional space is available. Those attending from 2-4 PM are asked to bring a dish to share. Bring your copy of Higher Than Yonder Mountain and/or An Appalachian Childhood for Deany to sign after her reading.
- 2019 MAR 16, 11 AM @ Karl Seidman’s home in Coosawattee – an Alan Furst Book TBD. No meal.
- 2019 APR 06, 11 AM at Joyce Carrasco’s Home – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.
If you would like to participate in making treats to go with coffee before the service, contact Lorraine Jones, who will give you a couple of simple rules and will add you to the list.
The following is the most current list for the Fellowship Bakers:
- FEB 10 Helen Greene & Gerry Barker
- FEB 17 Wendy Klimbal & Judy Culler
- FEB 24 Mel Tidwell & Cindy Read
- MAR 03 Ed Wolpert & Gayle Wood
- MAR 10 Ted Woehr & Linda Kelly
- MAR 17 Ann Low & Lorraine Jones
- MAR 24 Paige Jennings & Kathy Romanick
- MAR 31 Helen Greene & Geraldine Barke
Get involved with our Communications Team. Kasey hosts the class and is willing to meet before the Friday night movie or at other times and places on occasion. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a private session.