- Acceptance Letter UUA
- Articles of Incorporation
- Communication Policy
- Disruptive Behavior
- Finance Policy
- Membership Policy
- Mission Statement
- Pet Policy | Form
- Reimbursement Policy
- Sunday Services
- Vision Statement
Sunday Service Policy
This earlier version was approved by the MLUUC Board of Directors on 2010 October 17.
- The Sunday Services Team (SST) will have the final authority over who is invited to conduct a service and its content. Whenever possible, decisions should be arrived at by consensus but otherwise by a majority vote.
- A Team member may make a decision without consulting the Team should an exceptional opportunity arise that must be acted on immediately.
- The member should be prepared to provide a compelling justification to the Team for any unilateral action and obtain feedback for the action from the Team.
- In selecting topics for Sunday Services the SST will be guided in selecting topics and speakers that are likely to contribute to the spiritual development of the congregation.
- The SST will be responsible for identifying, vetting and inviting individuals from both outside and within the congregation to conduct services.
- The SST is responsible for evaluating and making a decision about the appropriateness of an unsolicited proposal to conduct a service. The SST may, following initial consideration of an unsolicited proposal, request a brief (one page or less) written proposal following the outline below:
- A title,
- A brief summary of content,
- A time estimate for the service,
- The method of presentation,
- List of any media requirements.
If A/V media are proposed as part of the service, it should be available to the SST for its review upon request.