Religion and science are not in opposition on the issue of climate change. Science has a great deal to teach us about both the urgency to act and the solutions that are at hand. Our faith informs the actions that we take to care for Earth and all of its inhabitants. So how do people of faith and conscience seize the moral opportunity to lead on the most important issue of our time?
Join me, Rev. Susan Hendershot, president of Interfaith Power & Light, and Ken Kimmell, president of the Union of Concerned Scientists, as we undertake our first joint speaking tour on the intersection of faith, science, and climate solutions. We will be joined by leaders from Interfaith Power & Light state affiliates in each location, providing local context and opportunities for action.
- Tour locations and dates:
- June 10 – Greenville SC, First Baptist Church, 847 Cleveland Street @ 7 PM
- June 11- Raleigh NC, Pullen Baptist Church,1801 Hillsborough Street @ 7 PM
- June 24 – Chattanooga TN, Unitarian Universalist Church of Chattanooga, 3224 Navajo Drive @ 7 PM
- June 25 – Atlanta GA – Main Auditorium, Jewish Federation of Atlanta, 1440 Sprint Street NW @ 7 PM
- June 26 – Birmingham AL, 1500 Daniel Payne Drive @ 7 PM
Hope to see you there!
Rev. Susan Hendershot