The Truth About Living Wills and End of Life Care
As medical technology becomes more and more sophisticated, it is now possible to extend many people’s lives following catastrophic illnesses or accidents. Possible; but is it ethical? Let’s explore some legal and ethical choices that we have when faced with a medical crisis.
- Meet Dawn Cooley 2017 February 14 Kasey Castleberry
Rev. Dawn Cooley, Congregational Life Staff, UUA Southern Region will be visiting with members of MLUUC on February 20, at 10:00 a.m. at Mountain Light. Board members will be present. All Team Leaders and ALL interested members and friends are encouraged to join us with your questions ...
- Movie Night: FEB 15 2017 February 12 Kasey Castleberry
Mountain Light has a movie night on the third Wednesday of every month. The doors open at 5:30 PM, and the movie begins at 6 PM. There will be popcorn and whatever else others might bring to share. The movie this month will be The Princess Bride. ...
- FEB 05 Service 2017 February 3 Gretchen NorrisMountain Light Unitarian Universalist Church welcomes the Reverend Jennifer Dalton, back as our guest speaker on Sunday, February 5. As we face new challenges in the New Year, Reverend Dalton presents ways to help us maintain a positive attitude in our world of everyday news filled with tragedies and misfortunes. Learn ...http://mluuc.org/category/news/
- Youth Sunday Sunday, February 26th, 2017
- Church Cleaning Thursday, March 2nd, 2017
- Book Club Saturday, March 11th, 2017
- Youth Sunday Sunday, March 12th, 2017
- Board Meeting Sunday, March 12th, 2017
- Movie Night Wednesday, March 15th, 2017
- Church Cleaning Thursday, March 16th, 2017
- Youth Sunday Sunday, March 26th, 2017
- Church Cleaning Thursday, March 30th, 2017
- Church Cleaning Thursday, April 6th, 2017
- Mid-South Spring Gathering Friday, April 7th, 2017 - Sunday, April 9th, 2017
- Book Club Saturday, April 8th, 2017
I have been a Unitarian Universalist for 46 years and was delighted to find MLUUC when we moved to Ellijay from Atlanta. It is so great to have a group that doesn't tell you what you have to believe, but lets you follow your own path. This is such a warm, nurturing group that both challenges me to be my best and loves me anyway when I'm not perfect.